Your QuestionsCategory: RESPspost-secondary-oversea
Tomoko Nakabayashi asked 2 years ago

My daughter will be grade 12 next month. She is thinking about going oversea to attend patisserie school in Japan. Is she still getting all her RESP and grant? Options are Ecole De Patisserie De Tokyo, Hattori Nutrition College and Le Cordon Bleu. All these schools are in Japan. Her is Single Student Plan. 

1 Answers
Info KFF answered 2 years ago

Hello Tomoko, Thank you for your inquiry.
For individual RESPs, such as our Flex First Plan and our Family Single Student plan, there are no further program qualifications beyond what is required under the Income Tax Act.  Under the Income Tax Act, a student is eligible to receive an Educational  Assistance Payment when enrolled in a recognized institution and program. Please email to confirm details specific to your plan.